POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
15 May 2024 21:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Aug 2017 05:30:00
Message: <web.5988325a54c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>

> IIRC, the NYC code requires its skyscrapers to have some kind of recess
> or step architecture to minimize the wind effects at ground level.

Yes, you're right. And it's a change that I've been thinking about as well, for
my own buildings-- adding scaled-down versions of the building sizes, on top of
shorter/fatter sections below. (The Empire State Building is one such iconic
example.) That should add MUCH more realism to some of the buildings. I'm not
yet sure what to do about the partial rooftops of the fatter sections, though--
what 'junk' to place there, if anything.

By the way, I actually lived and worked in NYC for a year, in my earlier life
(as a writer for magazines.) Loved it!