POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
15 May 2024 19:00:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Aug 2017 05:00:00
Message: <web.59882bb154c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > "BayashiPascal" <Pas### [at] BayashiInJapannet> wrote:
> >> That's really nice.
> >> I think you should also make different photos for the 1st floor of the
> >> buildings. At least to give them an entrance.
> >
> > YES, I've been thinking the same; it's on my to-do list now. A ground
> > floor/lobby would add a LOT to the look of the rather boring facades.
>
> Maybe make the ground floor very slightly larger than the rest.

> dimentions.

The ground floor being slightly larger is a good idea, and would add some
interesting variety to each building...or at least some of them, anyway. I'm
starting to think that the ground floor needs to be a separate construct from
the rest of the building. It would be easier to make that way (in my code) and
would not depend on the rest of the building's already-figured-out code
construction.