POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:55:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Aug 2017 06:40:00
Message: <web.5986f04454c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"BayashiPascal" <Pas### [at] BayashiInJapannet> wrote:
> That's really nice.
> I think you should also make different photos for the 1st floor of the
> buildings. At least to give them an entrance.

YES, I've been thinking the same; it's on my to-do list now. A ground
floor/lobby would add a LOT to the look of the rather boring facades. I'm not
yet sure how I'm going to go about it, though-- with (more) photos, or maybe
with some kind of fancy procedural pigment instead, that has some randomness to
it.

> Do you plan to add people, vehicles and traffic signs in the street ? It looks
> like an endless project ! :-)

I'm thinking of adding some moving cars at least-- as soon as I get around to
making some ;-) Yeah, this city project has taken on a life of its own. But I
discover some new techniques every time I add or change something, so it
continues to be a nicely challenging coding exercise.