POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Aug 2017 15:30:01
Message: <web.59861c4454c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
> On 5-8-2017 4:44, Kenneth wrote:
> >
> > One more image test, again for my own purposes: This PNG is *directly* from
> > POV-Ray (and NOT post-processed in Photoshop.)
>
> Yes, this is much better indeed, although the original ones posted were
> awesome already. But, not knowing the problem, it was difficult to judge.
>
> Excellent work, Kenneth!

Thanks, Thomas!

If I seem preoccupied with this image/gamma business, it's because I'm *finally*
close to solving a PNG problem that has been dogging me for years-- specifically
concerning POV-Ray (v3.7xx) PNG renders being post-processed in my (older)
version of Photoshop.

But the newsgroup's PREVIEWS are a different problem. I've attached a screenshot
comparison of my first image post: the visual difference between the newsgroup's
SMALL image preview vs. the larger hi-rez preview-- just to prove that I'm not
imagining it ;-)  (I resized both screenshots to make the comparison easier.)
WHY they should be different is a mystery, above and beyond whatever gamma
mistake I might have made in Photoshop. The two versions should look identical.

I also downloaded my own original PNG image post (the one shown in these
screenshots), and it appears correct in *all* of my various image-viewer apps,
no gamma change.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'preview_comparison.jpg' (455 KB)

Preview of image 'preview_comparison.jpg'
preview_comparison.jpg