POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Aug 2017 00:30:00
Message: <web.5985492c54c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> One more image test, again for my own purposes: This PNG is *directly* from
> POV-Ray (and NOT post-processed in Photoshop.) If it shows up correctly here
> both as a small preview AND as the larger hi-rez image, then the problem will be
> in my use of Photoshop, for some strange reason. An interesting experiment...

Confirmed(!) THIS PNG image looks correct to me--both the small preview as
well as the larger hi-rez version, when clicking on the preview.

This is indeed strange-- but at least I now have a clue as to what might be
going on, within Photoshop (and how it treats POV-Ray-generated PNG
renders--possibly changing their gamma when I certainly wasn't expecting that.)
I need to test this further.

However...this does NOT explain the difference in appearance here of my
originally posted PNG's-- the previews vs. the hi-rez versions. The only
possible explanation I can come up with is that the newsgroup 'previews' are at
one gamma setting, while the hi-rez versions are shown with a different setting.
Sounds a bit crazy, I know...