POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
21 Jun 2024 16:31:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Aug 2017 22:15:01
Message: <web.5985296554c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
I just noticed something strange about the PNG images I posted: When I look at
the small *preview* images here in my post (using the latest version of
Firefox), they look correct: identical to how they appear on my own machine,
when viewed in either Photoshop or the Windows Photo Viewer. (BTW, I
post-processed the images in PS, but only to combine two renders into one post.)

But when I click on the image previews here-- and the higher-resolution versions
appear-- the gamma of the images isn't correct! They look darker, with more
contrast.

Does anyone else notice this? Right now, I have no idea what's going on, or why
they appear differently on the same website.

Honestly, I simply don't trust PNG images to show up consistently or correctly,
anywhere! :-(  I should have posted them as jpegs.