POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D/4D Mandelbrot fractal (HACK via recursive isosurface) : Re: I want to render animations like this Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:49:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want to render animations like this
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Aug 2017 15:05:01
Message: <web.5980d0cb4a3facdac437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I did, thanks.
> I downloaded Mandelbulb 3D today but still need to find how to texture
> the mesh.

Do you mean color-code the different areas of the mesh?

You'll probably need to define a pigment function that mirrors the shape.

So, for instance, Paul Nylander colors his Calabi-Yau "mesh" using:

pigment {
function {atan2(y-x,sqrt(2)*z)/(2*pi)}

color_map{
[0 rgbt <1,0,0,0.5>]
[1/6 rgbt <1,1,0,0.5>]
[1/3 rgbt <0,1,0,0.5>]
[1/2 rgbt <0,1,1,0.5>]
[2/3 rgbt <0,0,1,0.5>]
[5/6 rgbt <1,0,1,0.5>]
[1 rgbt <1,0,0,0.5>]}}

finish {reflection 0.4}
}

That produces the HSV-style hue gradient going around the 5-fold symmetry.

Perhaps you can search around for color functions that people have used and come
up with something along those lines.