POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photoshop Question (needed for texture) : Re: Photoshop Question (needed for texture) Server Time
3 May 2024 23:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop Question (needed for texture)
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Jul 2017 14:20:03
Message: <web.597cd0c5f28314b883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Would you believe that I *just* wrote such a macro, in POV-ray itself?!
(Photoshop isn't required.) I made it for my 'city building' generator-- and had
planned to post it, but got side-tracked. It does exactly what you need: finding
the overall average color from the many colors in an image_map.

Give me a day to double-check the code, and I'll post it ASAP. Can't do it
today; I'm temporarily too busy with 'real life'...  :-/