POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with different shadows in the same scene : Re: Problems with different shadows in the same scene Server Time
4 May 2024 02:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with different shadows in the same scene
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Jul 2017 00:50:00
Message: <web.597c137e6fc2aca0883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> Yet, have you read http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_radiosity ?
>
> Radiosity is not reproducible (there is a lot of randomness in it), you
> need to save & reload radiosity data if you want always the same result
> (such as in animation).

I recently discovered this random light-patch-brightness as well (while
animating my 'city buildings.') I thought it was because I had used the rather
crude default values for radiosity. Saving and reloading the data sounds like a
good idea.

I need to read the up-to-date documentation; haven't done so in a long while.
I don't think I've ever tried using radiosity in an animation, until now.

Thanks for clarifying.