POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
19 May 2024 20:51:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: omniverse
Date: 28 Jul 2017 21:15:01
Message: <web.597be1699f453b979c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:

> Okay, everyone: I herewith declare myself as a big fool!
> I use POV-Ray for soooo many years, since around 1990 or so, and can you
> believe it I just oversaw all the time of posting here, that I used:
> QUALITY = 6
> And did not even think about checking for the Q setting!!!!!
> SHAME ON ME! I wasted so much of your all valuable time! But at least,
> one more time the POV-Ray community has proven its great pioneer-alike
> spirit! I owe you all my big thanks!

That explains it.
You have been raytracing too long when... quality settings are forgotten!
LOL
I am glad that problem is solved, regardless of why!
:)

I was just about to email you back to say it looks okay again.
Although before I rendered the balloon, seeing that very dark texture image_map
for it, I was thinking it must be too dark to show the normal_map. Yet it isn't,
mine looks the same as your quality change render now.

Bob

P.S.  Still don't know if you want that parachute piece hovering over the
balloon (makes the little shadow on left top edge).
I keep removing it by using:

#declare LowerBalloonShape = difference
{
 sphere { < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 > MyRadius }
 cylinder {
  < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 > < 0.0, /*175.001*/MyRadius+0.001, 0.0 >
   MyRadius+0.001 }
 scale < 1.0, 1.5, 1.0 >
}