POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
6 May 2024 20:59:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Jul 2017 07:50:00
Message: <web.5979d2d19f453b97c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:
> > On 26.07.2017 12:37, Bald Eagle wrote:

> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Q3orQhEcA
> > >
> > > Maybe Sven needs to add some light sources to the scene...   :D
> > >
> > But I have a light source there. You mean, I should add more light sources?
>
> ":D" big grin face, so I'm sure Bald Eagle was jesting, at least mostly I'm
> guessing.

The light sources I was suggesting were the lights at the bottom of the balloon
- in the video.  Because spaceships only ever visit Earthlings at night in
isolated, unpopulated areas.
And it makes for dramatic lighting.

I think that for clarity and accuracy, it might be advisable to package all of
the files into a ZIP and post it in a binary thread so that everybody has all of
the same pieces to analyze.  Unzip to a subdirectory, and then there shouldn't
be any question of what files are being used to generate the render.