POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
19 May 2024 04:34:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: omniverse
Date: 27 Jul 2017 01:45:00
Message: <web.59797d579f453b979c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:
> On 26.07.2017 21:54, omniverse wrote:
> > "omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> >> I believe what's going on is your image map is too dark and there's no
> >> specular highlight or phong highlight in your outer finish statement.
> >
> You mean, I should use a different angle for the light source?

No, sorry, just that there's nothing at all in your outer finish statement to
affect lighting and shadowing.

#declare MyOuterBalloonFinish = finish
{
// reflection   0.00
 crand        0.10
}

#declare MyInnerBalloonFinish = finish
{
 brilliance   1.50
 phong albedo 0.05
 metallic     0.00
 ambient      0.00
 emission     0.00
 reflection   0.50
}

As you can see there, the inner finish does have highlighting via phong but it's
very little and can't be seen from outside (without transparency for outside).

Bob