POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
19 May 2024 06:01:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: omniverse
Date: 27 Jul 2017 01:40:01
Message: <web.59797bc19f453b979c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:
> On 26.07.2017 12:37, Bald Eagle wrote:
> > Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> >
> >> Whoosh! That went completely over my head. Not only have I never heard
> >> of the movie. The image looked like a neon tube mounted in an old
> >> fashioned lampshade.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_American_Hero
> >
> > Pretty sure it was lights on the bottom of a hot air balloon, which is wh
> y this
> > reminds me so much of it.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Q3orQhEcA
> >
> > Maybe Sven needs to add some light sources to the scene...   :D
> >
> But I have a light source there. You mean, I should add more light sources?

":D" big grin face, so I'm sure Bald Eagle was jesting, at least mostly I'm
guessing.

Having seen your green balloon using that same bump_map... something is
obviously wrong. I think we have all had trouble understanding why it only
happens for you.

Is that version of POV-Ray official or custom?

Probably what we all need to know is at this point is if a test of a simple
normal statement on a simple object is okay or not.

Not knowing what else you've done to check what's going on, maybe forget about
the balloon for now and render this and you should see a bumpy ball (camera NOT
needed! default camera used):

#version 3.7;

global_settings {
 assumed_gamma 1