POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
17 May 2024 04:02:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: omniverse
Date: 25 Jul 2017 05:15:00
Message: <web.59770bba9f453b979c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Yoiks! Forgot to say what I was going to tell about before starting to write
that last reply.
I blame Stephen for making me lose my train of thought with that perfect
metaphor about finding errors.  LOL

Sooo... bump_size 0.1, apparently that's too much. I tried 0.01 instead and
think it looks better. I realized the scale in the normal statement being
MyRadius*2 is probably the equivalent of bump_size 4 even if starting with 0.01.

Don't want to go into all that here but I recall many discussions long ago about
attempts to keep things such as normal and media from scaling up or down with
object sizes after placing the texture. Or just to be aware of the possible
ramifications when scaling.

That aside, please be sure to read my previous reply about the other things.

Bob