POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:44:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: omniverse
Date: 24 Jul 2017 20:30:01
Message: <web.597690689f453b979c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:
> Another problem: The same thread exists inside the GENERAL section. I
> posted here at first before making up my mind that it might be a GENERAL
> topic. Now we have two identical threads. I think, we all should just
> use the GENERAL thread there, not this one.

From general group message:
> Here's the updated bump image. I reduced its size, made it 16bit, and
> increased the contrast between dark and bright areas. Still - no
> success.   :-(
>
> Another problem: The same thread exists inside the IMAGE section. I
> posted there at first before making up my mind that it might be a
> GENERAL topic. Now we have two identical threads. I think, we all should
> just use THIS thread here, inside GENERAL.

I was avoiding general group because of image uploads not being accepted there,
so I'm not sure how you were able to do that.

Showing the render here that I was able to make using *your updated* bump_map
file, along with the SDL I posted here before (including fixed normal
statements).
And I regret uploading my version of the bump_map in PNG while leaving the
resolution size large, made almost 4 MB download file. Sorry!

I did not use reflection and radiosity, and also removed the image_map to use
only color rgb 1 which allows seeing only the bumpiness without any other visual
effects other than light source shadowing.

If you could show your resulting render here, to compare with this, it might
help figure out why you can't get "success". Must be an answer anyhow.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test-bump_map-balloon.jpg' (34 KB)

Preview of image 'test-bump_map-balloon.jpg'
test-bump_map-balloon.jpg