POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : smooth gradient color_map : Re: smooth gradient color_map Server Time
2 May 2024 12:46:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth gradient color_map
From: omniverse
Date: 23 Jul 2017 04:00:00
Message: <web.5974561f6b1125dc9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> On 23-7-2017 8:21, omniverse wrote:
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Now I am completely lost indeed. Where do you put that "blend_mode"
> parameter??? The wiki doesn't show in the examples, while it discusses
> it; something to correct I guess.

Hey Thomas, apparently first thing within color_map. POV-Ray kindly informed me
of my error when trying it after the color index.

Maybe it's supposed to be something like image_map when 'gamma' is used there,
needing it immediately after the image file name and no where else.

My bet is source code guru clipka knows the reason for these precise keyword
placements.

About my inability to find a way to get few enough color indicies in the
color_map for blend_mode 2 to match the 0 to 1 way... well... a solution I found
was to do just that, reduce to those pairs, 0 and 1.

Just not getting through to me why 0 to 0.5 to 1 (or just 3 entries in
color_map) doesn't seem to be similar at all. Again, that was using the #for
loop I was doing before too.

Bob