POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city building generator WIP : Re: city building generator WIP Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:09:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city building generator WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Jul 2017 18:30:01
Message: <web.5973d156164bd7b0883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Main thing I was seeing was the cleanliness of the outer tops, especially
> compared to the interior of roofs.

Fixed!

I also added some 'rain stains' under the windows, of the two most prominent
buildings in the attached image.

Currently, the buildings look too 'clean'. I'd *like* to add some overall subtle
stains to the structural faces of the buildings-- but not to the glass windows.
And that presents a practical problem, of how to go about it (due to the TILED
nature of the window images.) Simply painting stains onto particular areas of
the image tiles would end up looking too 'regular' and repetitive. The stains
need to be larger and more random (like overlaying a subtle bump pigment onto
the entire building face-- minus windows!)

Hmm, I need to give this some thought...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'buildings 2 kenw.png' (1373 KB)

Preview of image 'buildings 2 kenw.png'
buildings 2 kenw.png