POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Been There Done That : Re: Been There Done That Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:50:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Been There Done That
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Jul 2017 07:55:00
Message: <web.59660dd7fdf2a7f9c437ac910@news.povray.org>

Very nice!  :)

I think that a tweak or two of the lighting / finish of your mesh mountain would
bring the bulk of that feature out enough for the highlights to not be as
disembodied / distracting.

The skeletons are a great feature - I suppose they are a mesh / 3D model...

Not that you really ought to, (just thinking out loud) but it would be
interesting to see a "diagram" of the scenes like this - perhaps from a
different perspective - with just plain pigment {Hue} texturing and very very
simple geometry.  Maybe some thin cylinders to show the direction of the light
source[s].

Kind of like an instructional sketch that you might find in a computer graphics
textbook or the POV-Ray docs...

Another great scene from the Adventures of the Major  :)