POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : roiling fire cloud WIP 1 : Re: roiling fire cloud WIP 1 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:48:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: roiling fire cloud WIP 1
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Jun 2017 15:40:01
Message: <web.594c1c4d1ff0e3e883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
> Hey -
> that is REALLY nice!   :)

> That ought to be really nice to apply to volcanoes, dust, steam, water, nukes,
> and all sorts of other fluidized thingamabobs.  :D

Thanks!

Years ago, I actually worked out a much more complex version of this kind of
thing-- a full explosion-- but I didn't use media for it. Instead, to save
rendering time, the spheres used image_maps (simple ones, but heavily distorted
with animated turbulence), along with some crazy overlayed pigments that changed
colors. It actually looked OK-- from a distance-- but depended on the image_maps
and pigments constantly facing the camera. *If* I can find the old animation
video that I made, I'll post it... but don't hold your breath ;-)

Media just 'looks better', although it's a bear to code all the complexities--
and to render all the necessary but slow tests!