POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'mosaic preview' feature-- a suggestion : Re: 'mosaic preview' feature-- a suggestion Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'mosaic preview' feature-- a suggestion
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Jun 2017 10:15:00
Message: <web.5943e6a18ab98aa7883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Well, there is manually stopping.  ;)

Ah yes, you have guessed correctly, o wise sage :-P  I end up stopping *every*
mosaic preview I make. Alas, that takes concentrated eye-hand coordination:
moving the mouse, pinpointing the STOP button, and clicking on it. Oh Lordy,
what a chore!!

> ...Interesting that preview was never made to
> prevent a finished render, and maybe that was how it was originally thought
> of...

I'm thinking the same-- because, by leaving OUT Preview_End_Size, the render
*still* continues to the final 1-pixel render. It seems to me that
Preview_End_Size was 'invented' to keep that from happening... but perhaps
doesn't work the way it was originally intended to.