POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rising from the ashes... : Re: Rising from the ashes... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rising from the ashes...
From: Simon J  Cambridge
Date: 12 Jun 2017 11:40:00
Message: <web.593eb5a0eee8bd1c9b965de70@news.povray.org>
Thanks everybody! All comments gratefully received. (Thomas: I am still messing
about with the vase but, like everything else I do, tinkering never seems to
improve anything.)

"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Simon J. Cambridge" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Something a bit different, playing with aoi and emission. I know I said in my
> > previous images that I was going back to basics, but I finally succumbed and
> > employed radiosity again. You just can't do this kind of thing (easily) any
> > other way.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > http://www.landofthefirst.com/
>
> Very cool !
> I think it would look slightly richer with lower emission balanced with a small
> background light and double illuminate  in the wings ! ;-)

I am not sure a background light would work (but I shall give it a go, though)
and it was intended that the wings should fade a little. There are two area
lights in play, one red and one light blue. The light blue is in the
(shadowless) torso and the red at the mouth of the vase. Four pigments (aoi)
make up the body and are arranged spherically from the mouth of the vase.

I also tried varying the stone, (pillars, edging, flags, etc) but I didn't like
the outcome.

Cheers,

Simon.