POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fractured Destination : Re: Fractured Destination Server Time
16 May 2024 21:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractured Destination
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Jun 2017 12:15:01
Message: <web.5936d4bc6befef94c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> It is the way to go when your scene starts getting complex. Break things
> down to the lowest common denominator. Then put them back together
> again. That is why (for me) using frame_number with initial_frame &
> final_frame is better than plain simple clock.

This may be of interest:

"This file may help, if you want to create a POV-Ray-animation, which is
splitted in to many parts (all parts take the same amount of time).
For example: The clock value should run from 0 to 1 in the 3rd part of a total
amount of 7 parts. Then "Sclock_01(3,7)" will exactly do that for you."

http://flex.phys.tohoku.ac.jp/public_html/simon/povray/GIF/Clock_Splitting.txt