POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fractured Destination : Re: Fractured Destination Server Time
21 May 2024 02:44:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractured Destination
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 6 Jun 2017 03:05:01
Message: <web.5936516a6befef94ed9f7b990@news.povray.org>

> Good to see you making more scenes for your world :)

Cheers! :) There are plenty of ideas popping up constantly and already planned
stuff on my to-do list as well, so more scenes coming up for sure. :)

> This latest series of images would be a good basis for a weird animation.

Hehe, still trying to wrap my head around animation in POV, but perhaps some
day. :D

"Simon J. Cambridge" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Are these images composites or a single rendering?

All my images are single renders, and I tend to keep the resolution of 1280 x
720 in the final POV output.

To open my planetary scenes a bit, they're somewhat minimalistic in structure
and code. Eg. this latest one is an f_wrinkles isosurface with scattering media
around it and camera zoomed in (or zoomed out as in the image from the orbit).
No light_source as separate object this time, but emission on the media and
reflection on the object texture. Then the usual stuff with radiosity and focal
blur. The 3 images close to surface are actually the one and same scene, but
with different camera angles and blur values, and a bit of rotation here and
there. =)

As for some music things, while POVing I often find myself listening to the
older games music stream at: http://www.kohina.com/
Tunes my brain nicely for some "weird" things, hehe. :D