POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Vector to Angle : Re: Vector to Angle Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:35:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector to Angle
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Jun 2017 07:45:00
Message: <web.592ffd473905ed8fc437ac910@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> One of my favorites was, my wife took a picture of me with my chin on
> the dining room table, playing with a Lego cow and a ruler.  Which, if
> you've seen my animation of the running non-articulated horses, you'll
> understand what I was trying to accomplish. ;)

I can't tell you how many things I measure on a regular basis.
Rulers, tape measures, eye-and-thumb, protractor, or back-estimating from
photos....

Speaking of Legos - you ought to check out the Antikythera mechanism this guy
built entirely from Lego.   :O

> Usually, it's just paper
> with random circles and triangles and lines and points.

Yes.   I have piles and piles of paper with lines and circles and ellipses and
triangles, and then there are the ones where there's a rat's nest of curves and
5 pages of equations...

"WTF are you ***DOING***????!!!"
"Well, ..."
"No. never mind. OMG."

:D

BTW
I think if you just look at the rotation angle like a clock hand on the screen,
centered around your camera location, then all you're doing is calculating the
angle, given the x and y coordinates.

So that's just degrees ( atan2(LookAt.y-Cam.y, LookAt.x-Cam.x) )