POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : command capability / syntax : Re: command capability / syntax Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: command capability / syntax
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 May 2017 08:00:00
Message: <web.5928184518337dfc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 26/05/2017 à 10:33, dick balaska a écrit :

> #include "math.inc"
>
> > #if (VEq(Q,<1,1,1>)
> >

> for 5D: VEq5D

Most excellent.
Thanks to both of you gentlemen.  I had not thought to look in the vector
functions for a simple Boolean comparison.

I'm thinking that a macro that does something like a progressive #ifdef(Q.x),
#ifdef (Q.y), #ifdef(Q.z) ..... would be able to count vector elements and
return the size of the vector, and if there's only 1 element, then it's a
scalar.