POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : moving things around : Re: moving things around Server Time
1 May 2024 21:04:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moving things around
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 May 2017 07:55:00
Message: <web.592573c852c7950dc437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Richard S" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Any help would be appreciated and great fully received. Thank you.

AT the moment, I won't be able to work this out - what you have is a bit ...
busy.

I would diagram it out, with a standard clock value from 0-1.

As you have it, I see you are having MyClock go from 0 to 75, not 0 to 100,
since 25 + (75-25)*1 = 25 + 50 = 75.

I'd split the segments of the clock range of 0-1 into sub-clocks of 0-1 with a
switch-range-break block with ranges of 0-0.1, 0.1-0.2, etc.

then work out an equation for that segment to control your movement.

Once you get it WORKING, then you can "simplify" it and make the code shorter,
but, counterintuitively, the "long" way is often the quickest way.