POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Reds Are Coming... : Re: The Reds Are Coming... Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:46:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Reds Are Coming...
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 May 2017 15:35:01
Message: <web.59233c19fb337a11883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I would try changing the end caps. Maybe a gold texture would make it
> less like a fluorescent tube. Or something ornamental like a short wire
> mesh.

Or maybe half a torus at both ends, both vertical, with one flipped in the
opposite direction. Like a long 'S' shape.

The possibilities are endless!  (That's the most difficult part of designing
anything-- actually *choosing* only one of countless ideas.) ;-)

By the way, Art Deco (and 'Moderne') are my favorite 'design philosophies' as
well. Perhaps with a little bit of 'Steampunk' thrown in. (Disney's design for
the Nautilus submarine in 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA is a constant
inspiration, as are the sleek, ominous Martian saucers in George Pal's 1950's
version of WAR OF THE WORLDS.)