POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Debugging help : Re: Debugging help Server Time
3 May 2024 07:53:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging help
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 May 2017 10:15:00
Message: <web.5922f2261ef603fec437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> This line in your code, in your WALL #macro, seems to be the prime culprit--the
> way it rotates the individual wall sections...
>
> object { Block(nbLength, BSIZE.y, BSIZE.z) rotate -1*(wall_th)*y
>
> Change the minus sign to a plus sign, and it will cause the 'problem' walls to
> suddenly appear on the opposite side of the fort! That rotation entry makes use
> of  your  wall_th  variable. Apparently, the *sign* of that rotation needs to
> flip from minus to plus, depending on how *much* rotation it specifies.

I don't presently have much time to test this out, but I'm going to guess that
maybe for those sections there needs to be a switching of the start and end
points - which will flip that vector 180 deg.
As Thomas noted - they're "30 deg" off - I'd say if they were rotated (*) in the
opposite direction, they'd be in line.
Try editing your input array - at least for one of those sections.

(*) I may find it useful for future clarity to start differentiating between
rotation and revolution.
Rotation would be before any translation, so it would rotate around the origin
which lies on its own axis.   Revolution would be after a translation, and so
the object would revolve around the origin - not it's own axis.