POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Reds Are Coming... : Re: The Reds Are Coming... Server Time
29 Apr 2024 12:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Reds Are Coming...
From: omniverse
Date: 20 May 2017 01:35:01
Message: <web.591fd54cfb337a119c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"Simon J. Cambridge" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> After asking the question I then remembered seeing
> something on 'brushed aluminium' from way back when. I went looking and found
> RC3Metal and the wonders of averaged textures. I shall play.
>
> Just to add that I have been investigating a little further with the image, but
> still find myself liking the version I did with full on reflection! It's bold!
> It's heroic! It's deco!

Said it before and I'll say it again, there's something about the clarity and
perfection of these ray traced images I will always like. Of course, most people
would agree it isn't realistic that way unless dirt and scratches are added. I
admit I can't resist wanting that realism myself. Just not written in stone that
things must be one way or the other, unless you yourself or someone else needs
it to be.

That aside, I was thinking the air looks too thick. Then I realized why I
thought so, reminds me of a heavy rain. And if you're not wanting to go through
the trouble of including droplets on the armor and raindrops falling in the
nearby air I guess it could be thought of as a smoky battlefield. But that's
just my view.
:)
Bob