POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Reds Are Coming... : Re: The Reds Are Coming... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:58:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Reds Are Coming...
From: Simon J  Cambridge
Date: 19 May 2017 15:15:00
Message: <web.591f4339fb337a11f7ed3350@news.povray.org>
> On 2017-05-19 07:12 AM (-4), Simon J. Cambridge wrote:
> > I must confess that I haven't played with albedo too much, but blurred
> > reflections? I thought that was Uberpov? Or is there a cunning technique for
> > bulk standard pov?
>
> The cunning technique in question:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:Language_Questions_and_Tips#Topic_13
>
> The Object Collection module RC3Metal implements this in a way that
> doesn't tie up your computer for the next two months, although it
> doesn't seem to work well with photons:

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=RC3Metal&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

I am way ahead of you. After asking the question I then remembered seeing
something on 'brushed aluminium' from way back when. I went looking and found
RC3Metal and the wonders of averaged textures. I shall play.

Just to add that I have been investigating a little further with the image, but
still find myself liking the version I did with full on reflection! It's bold!
It's heroic! It's deco!

Once again, thanks for all the suggestions,

Simon.

PS. Too many degrees of freedom, and so little time...