POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7.1 beta.6 : Re: v3.7.1 beta.6 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 17:39:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.7.1 beta.6
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 May 2017 18:35:01
Message: <web.5910f163e4817c0b883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
> Am 08.05.2017 um 18:55 schrieb Kenneth:
> > (Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, 6 gigs RAM)

> Can you confirm that you have a non-AVX-capable CPU?

As far as I can determine, mine does not have that. My Dell 'Optiplex 745' was
manufactured in September 2010, and it looks like AVX appeared shortly *after*
that date.

From Wikipedia:
"Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) are extensions to the x86 instruction set
architecture for microprocessors from Intel and AMD proposed by Intel in March
2008 and first supported by Intel with the Sandy Bridge[1] processor shipping in
Q1 2011 and later on by AMD with the Bulldozer."

Here's a more detailed list of my machine specs (which is probably not helpful
anyway...)

Dell Optiplex 745

Model 0MM599

and up to 4MB L2 cache, EIST and VT (E6000 series) -- code name "Conroe"

Southbridge: Intel 82801HB/HR (ICH8/R) Rev. B0

Bios: Dell v2.6.4

Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

> > I saved the DMP file, METADATA file and MINIDUMP file, if they can be useful
> > (although the DMP file is huge, at 100+ MB.)
>
> Let me know how I can get hold of the files.
> See one of my other posts in this thread for details about my e-mail
> address.

Unfortunately, my email account-- gmail-- seems to have an upload/download limit
of 20MB, AFAIK; the crash-dump files, even when zipped (using my 7zFM app)take
up 45MB. If there's another way for me to send them to you, or if you have a
suggestion, let me know.