POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) : Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 2 May 2017 16:40:02
Message: <web.5908edee5e9f9052c581d2c50@news.povray.org>
Hi Folks!

This is a fun project using my Bordered Characters macros. I'm curious if anyone
has any suggestions for improvement.

This project was inspired by someone telling me, "You have to drink the
Kool-Aid." One of my friends who overheard the conversation pointed out to him
that during the original incident that inspired that phrase, everyone who drank
the Kool-Aid died.

I used fairly low-quality radiosity settings for this test render. Also, the
corners of the letters in the Kool-Aid logo aren't rounded in order to save
rendering time. They will be rounded in the final render. Other than that, I
think this picture is about done unless anyone suggests something too good to
ignore.

Regards,
Dave Blandston

PS - I'm not sure if the phrase "Drink the Kool-Aid" is known worldwide, so for
anyone unfamiliar with it the historical context is from the Jonestown, Guyana
mass suicide incident in which hundreds of people knowingly drank grape Kool-Aid
poisoned with cyanide. The poison Kool-Aid was in a vat labeled with a green
"C." Since then the term has been used to describe the act of compromising one's
integrity and adopting the unethical standards and methods of those in power in
order to advance within some corrupt organization.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kool-aid wallpaper.jpg' (1026 KB)

Preview of image 'kool-aid wallpaper.jpg'
kool-aid wallpaper.jpg