POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planetoid Experiment : Re: Planetoid Experiment Server Time
4 May 2024 12:03:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planetoid Experiment
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 25 Apr 2017 16:15:01
Message: <web.58ffad5c74ba7050ec042d970@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> What about Robert L. Forward? Hard sci-fi at its best... Dragon's Egg is
> among the best I've ever read - and IMHO a number one candidate for
> adapting it as a POV-Ray/Blender animation movie! Or at least for some
> still scenes, for example the first sighting of "Bright" (our sun) by
> the Cheela...

I have to admit I have never heard of him or his works. :O It can be that he
hasn't been that much up and about here in the periphery called Finland. Then
again, as I mentioned, the majority of my sci-fi I've got from television series
over the years. And in literature, I've been into quite different stuff
afterall. But now when I took a quick look at my bookshelf, there seems to be
books by eg. Dan Simmons, Alastair Reynolds, M. John Harrison and Frank Herbert
in there staring at me. :-H

At the moment I'm reading something completely different: "The Genius of Birds"
by Jennifer Ackerman. :D