POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Visualizing camera view frustum : Re: Visualizing camera view frustum Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:44:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visualizing camera view frustum
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Apr 2017 07:50:00
Message: <web.58f4ab361652a4dcc437ac910@news.povray.org>
I was trying to work out a few things, and was using my code and that in
screen.inc as a guide, but of course nothing ever works out the way it's
supposed to.

Excel gives me wildly different results from what POV-Ray returns for the camera
view angle formula.

#declare Angle = 2*atan2d (0.5*CamR.x*Camera_Aspect_Ratio, CamD.z*Camera_Zoom);

I was hoping someone could run a quick check and confirm.

This certainly wouldn't be the first time Excel was just plain wrong.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'excel - angle.jpg' (24 KB)

Preview of image 'excel - angle.jpg'