POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planetoid Experiment : Re: Planetoid Experiment Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:07:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planetoid Experiment
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 13 Apr 2017 00:30:01
Message: <web.58eefe3774ba7050bd07f1860@news.povray.org>
To add a bit just in case. This is, afterall, science fiction. Just a humble
little game project of mine. My creation, thus my decisions. ;)

I'm a man of science, and I'm also a big fan of sci-fi. Especially Star Trek
(TOS & TNG), Babylon 5, Farscape and Battlestar Galactica (orig. & remake). For
readings I've always liked a bit different stuff though, mainly H.P. Lovecraft
and Terry Pratchett.

Oh, and I like Monty Python too!

I'm also a rock musician, and in lyrics I'm drawn to very down-to-earth themes
of human life. But in literature, television and games, I've always been
fascinated by all kinds of wild visions, weird tales and dimensions of the
unknown.

This is where artistic freedom comes to play: to expand from what we thought to
be possible, to reach something distant and obscure, yet something that touches
us inside, tickles our imagination and grasps our feelings by the "mivonks". :D