POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup : Re: 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup Server Time
30 Apr 2024 00:38:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Mar 2017 15:50:00
Message: <web.58d0313455c2e3b7883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Here's beta 4's installer dialogue...
>
> Yeah, a press of Next button is all that's needed unless you want to change the
> name or use existing place, probably just a case of thinking too much.  :)

You're probably right, ha! I probably thought I was being 'clever' (by picking
"startup" in POV's installer, for the link location), when I had *never* done
that before.

> Can see from that picture you didn't uninstall the previous beta, unless that
> folder got left in there. I can't recall if the installer requires it be removed
> before the install, thought it did.

I always trash a previous beta before installing a new one, so no problems
there. The extra "POV-Ray 3.7" link that's still in my START menu is my original
3.70 install (which is still on my machine.)