POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Automated RGB histogram / color map WIP : Re: Automated RGB histogram / color map WIP Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automated RGB histogram / color map WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Mar 2017 10:10:00
Message: <web.58cfe1bebd0e9b4fc437ac910@news.povray.org>

> Pretty cool! But how are you going to show the color white? I don't see
> it in the hexagon.

Thus, the "not complete and as accurate as it could be" part.
The whites and grays and all that get "pushed to the rear" and are layers not
visible in the hexagon.  I wanted to get a functioning first stab at a COLOR
map, and decided to let that part be for the moment.

Seriously, I _just_ got it to spit out a "proper" histogram around 9pm last
night, and needed to get some sleep before confronting the work ahead of me for
the week.

I will post my horrific code in the scene files section for the interested (and
amusement seekers  ;) ).