POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup : Re: 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:47:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Mar 2017 06:50:00
Message: <web.58ce60c555c2e3b7883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
ger <No.### [at] ThankYou> wrote:

> It's been over a decade that I had anything to do with any Windows
> machines but in my experience it has always been that the unexplainable
> could be explained by diving into the registry.

Ah yes, the dreaded Windows Registry (*groan*). I actually haven't messed with
that yet, in my Win 7 machine, as I'm still trying to fully understand the OS
itself and *its* quirks. ;-) On my old (defunct) Windows XP machine, I used the
Fix-it Utilities app to get into the registry there, in an automated way (just
to clean it up now and then.) I'm not sure I trust my own skills enough to
actually monkey-around inside it, though. But that might be the solution.