POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup : Re: 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.71 beta 4 -- folder opens on computer startup
From: omniverse
Date: 19 Mar 2017 02:30:00
Message: <web.58ce255d55c2e3b79c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I have the latest POV-Ray 'beta 4' installed on my Windows 7 (64-bit) machine.
> I've noticed that when I re-start my computer, a particular beta 4 folder opens
> automatically (by mistake?).

Interesting thing to happen, that list of shortcuts belongs on the Start Menu
not in Startup. Guess you know that.

Does Windows 7 allow drag and drop from within the Start Menu? I sure don't
remember if so. Maybe try that, or have a look at:

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Startup-Programs-in-Windows-7

And since I long since forgotten how User Account Control operates in Windows
7-- let me rephrase that, I never forgot UAC itself just not how to go about
using it-- there's also this web page about that:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html

Bob