POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Holes in isosurface : Re: Holes in isosurface Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:48:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holes in isosurface
From: omniverse
Date: 8 Mar 2017 04:45:01
Message: <web.58bfd1e0bd2eb8ad9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>

> To test this I need the fFinal() fInpX() fInpY() fInpZ() functions too.

Okay, maybe Thomas has figured this out too. I was just trying to think it out
using other functions and got nowhere but I did suspect something I had happen
before:

I ran your files as animation and found nothing wrong...
except after about clock=0.52 and until about clock=0.72

What's going on is simply a case of max_gradient 50 being too low for that
particular segment of frames.

That isosurface requires up to max_gradient 60 from what I found during that
part of the animation.

Try this instead of max_gradient:

evaluate 15,4,0.7

That will give a minimum gradient value with a multiple of 4 (=60) and change
rate.
Better yet, read about that at:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Isosurface