POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fourier Transform : Re: Fourier Transform Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fourier Transform
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Mar 2017 10:55:01
Message: <web.58bc3499bb134ad1883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
This is really fascinating.

Although I don't have Linux on my machine (just Windows 7) and can't run
Geomorph, your post (and the Geomorph web page) are a really good introduction
to FFTs and how they apply to images. I've been thinking about this subject for
awhile (basically by reading just the Wikipedia page on FFTs!) and now the whole
idea behind FFT image manipulation is much clearer.

The Geomorph site's image examples look very similar to the effect that some of
Photoshop's image filters have on an image. Can I assume that Photoshop uses
FFTs for those filters?

Anyway, thanks for giving my brain a kick in the right direction ;-)