POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Halftones by physical subtraction : Re: Halftones by physical subtraction Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halftones by physical subtraction
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Mar 2017 13:05:01
Message: <web.58b85e4e2ed17a0bc437ac910@news.povray.org>

> Cool! I can imagine people replacing their home/office window and door
> screens with versions having images made in this way... :-)
>
> Bill P.

That was, to a degree, actually the idea - large screens in a convention area as
decoration / space dividers.
The huge number of holes and the large size made finding a faster way to
substantially achieve the same effect really critical.

There are some neat things one can do with dots / perforations, including
optical illusions such as animation from still images, etc.

Photographs work well if the hole resolution is high enough, and there are ways
to play with the "image processing" - applying functions to the rgb or gray
values before calculating the hole size.

I even managed to create holes using fonts, so for instance, a person's photo
could be 'rendered' using their monogram ...