POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
19 May 2024 20:34:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 25 Feb 2017 11:35:03
Message: <web.58b1b135bd8ebaffd61e8dc40@news.povray.org>
> The water seems to be above the surface. Also, stream patterns do not
> take the underlying landscape into account, with patterns happily
> crossing peaks. I guess that the pattern was not derived from this
> particular landscape but was just superposed on it for testing's sake.
> Using a flow map generated from a particular landscape that would be
> possible to do indeed. Wilbur, amongst others, can make such maps.
>
> --
> Thomas

Well, I certainly make no promises that anything is really obeying the laws of
physics, but I think the main problem with the images is some artifacts around
the edges of the terrain that make it difficult to understand where the light is
coming from. There are things that look like shadows that are actually the
repeating edge of the height map coming though.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'together2.png' (2832 KB)

Preview of image 'together2.png'