POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
8 May 2024 17:55:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: omniverse
Date: 24 Feb 2017 15:05:01
Message: <web.58b0918fbd8ebaff9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> "omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> >
> > Has me wondering if erosion could be accomplished via difference {} using
> > likewise cone+sphere stream/lake creation method.
>
> Looks like that was something I was trying out, back in 2008. Looks like I was
> rendering out a flat image of just the rivers to be subtracted from the height
> map image.
Sure does mess with my eyes! I turned it upside down, sideways too, and those
shadows just wouldn't get right for me.

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but the tributaries appear to begin or end at the
lower elevations with pooling water at the higher elevations.

Does give the appearance of eroded ground anyhow regardless of how I see it.