POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
2 May 2024 05:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: JimT
Date: 16 Feb 2017 12:30:00
Message: <web.58a5e13dbd8ebaffbe7517870@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> > On 16-2-2017 5:45, Kirk Andrews wrote:
> > > Ok, well, I cut way back on the number streams and finally got a finished
> > > render. There's only 10 streams in this one.
> > >

> > Like you said, with no provision for erosion, the streams here seem more
> > artificial then from above, running over the (lowest point) surface.
> > Nonetheless, it is impressive in my eyes! I am eager to experiment with
> > your code. I just downloaded it, thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Thomas
>
> Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it!
>
> Maybe you can help me figure out the bugs in my code. The lakes don't seem to be
> filling up as much as they should, and I can't seem to figure out why.

I'm impressed. Downloaded the code. More impressed that you did this in 426
lines. Rendered and got to 81% in a couple of minutes. The big lake has slowed
things down and it was 22 minutes to finish. 3.0 GHz 4 core I5.

I see what you mean about the lakes not filling up enough to overflow and form a
follow on stream. I'm guessing Thomas will crack the problem before I do.

This is very nice work.

JimT