POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What to do with walls. : Re: What to do with walls. Server Time
2 May 2024 10:52:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What to do with walls.
From: Mr
Date: 15 Feb 2017 05:20:01
Message: <web.58a42b2582c7fda016086ed00@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 2/11/2017 6:46 PM, LanuHum wrote:
>

> > unpack zip file
> > move the "povray" folder to
> > if installer blender-278:
> > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender
> > Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons
> > if zip file blender-278:
> > \path\to\blender-2.78x-windowsxx\2.78\scripts\addons
> >
> > Blender start. Go to user preferences -> add-ons -> render -> check
> > Render:Povray with BlendPov-alternative exporter.
> > If error -> uncheck official addon, save user setting and restart Blender and
> > check Render:Povray with BlendPov-alternative exporter.
> >

> Thank you that worked. I got it installed and working.
> I did an upgrade to Blender 2.78b to get a clean copy of the official
> exporter. I still have a problem with the Physics tab. Selecting a mesh
> and clicking the "bouncing ball" icon. There is nothing there. No
> buttons for the different types of physics systems. A blank underneath
> the properties. Both in your version and in the official one.
>
> I will think about it while I get more experience using the Blender
> Renderer. I need to know how it should work first.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Maybe you noticed that once you set things up in Blender Internal and switch
back to POV your physics still export properly? It's a good thing to start
learning Blender internal, as the official exporter has some intent to emulate
it.

Thanks for the report! (and proof that we need more) It's solved and will be
committed to source when I get back to my computer. The below code was missing
line 52 of ui.py in render_povray :

# wrapping every class 'as is'
from bl_ui import properties_physics_common
for member in dir(properties_physics_common):
    subclass = getattr(properties_physics_common, member)
    try:
        subclass.COMPAT_ENGINES.add('POVRAY_RENDER')
    except:
        pass
del properties_physics_common