POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Shed version 2 : Re: Shed version 2 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:48:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shed version 2
From: omniverse
Date: 13 Feb 2017 13:25:00
Message: <web.58a1f8eee97123ee9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> Am 13.02.2017 um 17:46 schrieb Klewlis:
> > "Klewlis" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >
> >         #while (frame_number<11)
> >             rotate x*(frame_number*10)
> >         #end
>
> Because you can't loop over frames in your .pov file.

As clipka says... or to put it another way, the while loop doesn't terminate
unless given a finite number of iterations.
frame_number<11 is never reached, unless you began at 11.

Not sure what you're wanting to do, so this is only a guess:

#if(frame_number>5&frame_number<11)
    rotate x*(frame_number*10)
#end

That confines the rotation to those number of frames.

Your current animation is more than I expected. I was thinking of the last
camera movement during the whole thing, although I realized it might not be
simple to implement if your wall raisings are only segmented parts put together.

BaldEagle's #switch #range suggestion is good to help with that.

Bob