POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : grouping objects for transforms : Re: grouping objects for transforms Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:39:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grouping objects for transforms
From: Klewlis
Date: 12 Feb 2017 08:05:00
Message: <web.58a0596c6098c6675f9209890@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> I use 0.08 for 29 frames per second. Probably too fast for your building
> animation.
>
> If you already knew this, or weren't using Movie Maker, it wasn't slower than >me
building walls anyhow. :D

Yes, I was using Movie Maker, but was unaware that you could place your own
value in the duration box. Thank you.

> And although it looks like you got the question answered already, I was thinking
> you might be able to get a rotate in there to raise each wall.
>

> Good luck with the construction!
>
> Bob

The original version I built all walls on either the x=0 axis or the y=0 axis
(the little red sphere sticking out of the side of the slab), used 15 frames to
stand them up (6 degrees each frame), then slid the first and third wall across
the slab to the opposite side. Then built the wall that would stay on the
respective axis.  Not very realistic.  Decided to build the wall at the edge
that it would stand on. If I rotate them in that position, two of them rotate
out of the scene. I think I could solve this by translating the wall to 0 rotate
6 degrees then slide it back between each frame. That is how I am currently
handling the 90 degree rotation.

eventually I plan to show temp bracing, gable studs, longer ridge with
outriggers for an overhang, ceiling joists, doors, windows, siding.  Working on
this in my spare time it has taken me two weeks to get this far.  I also plan to
add some frames while my camera is repositioning.

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
Ken