POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : grouping objects for transforms : Re: grouping objects for transforms Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grouping objects for transforms
From: omniverse
Date: 12 Feb 2017 00:35:01
Message: <web.589ff39c6098c6679c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"Klewlis" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> https://youtu.be/XZTQ4M88aKk
>
> tried to keep it short, somewhat boring.  It was a good learning experience.  I
> apologize if you can't view a windows movie.

That's the way I've built walls too. Except it's missing temporary bracing.
;)
Not a criticism but it's a slow build so I wondered if you used Movie Maker
since you said "Windows movie"?

If so, there is a way to put less than 1 second duration for each frame, after
selecting all (Ctrl+A), by just entering a decimal number directly into Video
Tools|Edit|Duration box instead of using the drop-down list.

I use 0.08 for 29 frames per second. Probably too fast for your building
animation.

If you already knew this, or weren't using Movie Maker, it wasn't slower than me
building walls anyhow. :D

And although it looks like you got the question answered already, I was thinking
you might be able to get a rotate in there to raise each wall.

For that you could use ClockMod.inc from Chris Colefax, which allows for easy
ranging of clock values within a single animation (clock 0 to 1).
That way you can specify, for example:

#declare clock_start=0.15; // from 0
#declare clock_end=0.25; // to 1

#include "clockmod.inc"

#declare Wall1Rotate=mclock;

object { Wall1 rotate z*Wall1Rotate*90 }

You would need to use the appropriate axis of rotation, of course. Each wall
requires their own settings, repeat the above using another range of start to
end.

There's also AutoClock macro but I must let you check into all this, if you
haven't already. See Chris Colefax Includes link at:

http://www.povray.org/resources/links/POV-Ray_Include_Macro_and_Object_Files/Include_Files/

Good luck with the construction!

Bob