POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] : Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] Server Time
18 May 2024 15:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg]
From: omniverse
Date: 8 Feb 2017 19:45:00
Message: <web.589bbb51d99c5e6b9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> A true pioneer work you did back in 2000... and today, 16.5 years later
> I would like to ask you whether I may convert it in a way that my
> Commodore 64 and/or Atari 1040 STFM would be able to display it!

Ahhh nostalgia... that sure is going back in time. Go ahead and good luck!

I tried to find the file that creates the animation to give you and I have a
ridged multifractal mountains and lakes scene from the following year. I had
added a flying car.

There's a problem with it. MegaPOV 0.7 was used and it refuses to render the way
it is now with MegaPOV 1.2.1.
I probably have the older versions archived away, no idea where though.

If I knew how to correct the reflection and slope texture_map statements I would
know for certain if this was the file.

I will go ahead and post it to the binaries scene-files group anyway. Maybe it
can be used somehow. It requires Chris Colefax's Clockmod.inc, too.

Bob